Monday, August 25, 2008

TALKING INTIMATELY TO GOD










At one point in my life, I found myself praying to God when ONLY things were not going well. It seemed like I constantly was in the peaks and valleys. There was no letup. I needed to talk to God about what was going on. I needed him to release me of my struggles. Sad to say, it was all about ME. I failed to pray in the spirit and according to HIS WILL . This book, "How to Pray," by R.A. Torrey was on the shelf at LifeWay Christian Store waiting for me. It revealed a lot to me about praying.

My realization mostly came after I started to feed myself the word more and allowed God's spirit to re-direct my thinking. Prayer was not about my NEEDS and WANTS. Prayer is about the grace and mercy that God has shown to us. It is a time to talk intimately to your Father about how thankful you are for him. Give him GLORY. Give him PRAISE.

Just like our earthly father want to hear from us that we love him so does God. Take some time out of your busy schedule and talk intimately to God.

No comments: