Wednesday, August 27, 2008

INTERVAL WALKING



If you have a problem with losing weight, give this suggestion a try. It is mainly for those who want to lose 20 pounds or less. It's simple to do. Just start off walking at a slow pace for about three minutes then walk briskly for one minute. Do this repeatedly for about 20 to 30 minutes while increasing your pace. Walking at a moderate to high intensity pace is INTERVAL WALKING.

I saw this program this summer on CNN and shared it with a friend. Now, he is doing interval walking and he has lost about 10 pounds in a month. Not to mention, that he is eating healthier and his energy level is much higher.

TIP from PREVENTION magazine :

Walking, running, bicycling are all great aerobic exercises that burn fat. But if you want to boost your calorie burn all day long, experts agree that training with weights two to three times a week for 20 to 30 minutes .

2 comments:

Susie said...

Tenise, I've just been reading your blog. You have some WONDERFUL posts! I am so glad to discover it. I will visit again here, soon! I am so proud of your being accepted into graduate school and I know your mom is too!

maggie moran said...

I'm with Susie! Way2Go!!!

Why didn't you tell me you were blogging again?!? AND, why would you not share this exciting news? Tsk! ;D

Okay, would you please post for the library blog? We need you!