Thursday, August 28, 2008

LIVE LIKE YOU WERE DYING






  • Do something that makes your heart beat faster every day. Give the dog a bite of your sandwich. Play air guitar-rock 'n roll air guitar. Don't underestimate the power of a crayon. Wear pajamas out for the evening. Forgive yourself. Drive with the top down. Radio up. Laughing with friends.


I received this book as a gift from my girlfriend, Linda, right before I graduated. It was meant to encourage me to start living AGAIN. I am sure that many of you have been there...gone through a separation, gone through a reconciliation, gone through a divorce and the drama continued. In fact, I can relate to the metaphor in the book about too many stop signs. It appeared like every road that I traveled, I saw a STOP sign.


For three years, life slipped passed me. I worked two jobs to support myself and went to school full-time to create financial stability for myself. There were times that months went by before I saw my parents. It was not a good situation. I do not wish this on anyone but I know that many of YOU understand me because of your personal experiences.

Readers, I am happy to report that today, I take time to enjoy life. I am not a thrill seeker but I enjoy life. I even appreciate the struggles that I have gone through because they built character within me. Also, I was given an opportunity to see if I trusted in GOD and believed his Word.


TODAY, I LIVE LIKE I AM DYING because I understand

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures;he leads me beside still waters;
he restores my soul.he leads me in right paths for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the darkest valley,I fear no evil;for you are with me; your rod and your staff — they comfort me.- Psalm 23: 1-4

Try the book, it includes a CD single and is foreword by Tim McGraw!!!!! Tim McGraw is a country singer that I enjoy listening to. He and his wife, Faith Hill are also admired by many because of their commitment to each other. Even in marriage, live like you are dying because TOMORROW isn't PROMISED.


No comments: