Friday, December 5, 2008

How Do I Set Priorities?

Telephone answering machine: This is Seeking Him with Nancy Leigh DeMoss. Please leave your question at the tone. (Beep)

“My husband and I are trying to think through our schedules, and we’re trying to decide whether or not I should take a job. How do I make such a big decision?

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: As with all big decisions, the first place to turn is the Word of God. I’d look, for example, at Titus 2:4-5. It says women are to “love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be keepers (or workers) at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands.”

As you make a decision, ask yourself some questions based on those verses. For example, will a job outside the home interfere with your ability to serve your husband and children? Will it keep you from fulfilling your responsibilities at home? Just be sure your decision is based on God’s priorities for your life.

With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

No comments: