Sunday, October 5, 2008

GABE in Washington

Gabe's Day as President!!!!!

Eva, Gabe's mom wrote to me about their experience in Washington, last week.

It was so encouraging to see Gabe's eyes light up
when he saw or heard something familiar like when we were on a tour of
Washington and various excerpts from famous speeches were played - MLK's I Have
a Dream speech, JFK, "Ask not what your country can do for you...." But I have
to say he also enjoyed the "city" life with the traffic, buses, taxi's, metro,
etc. and chasing the pigeons on the lawn of the Natural Museum of History and
taking a dip in the reflecting pool (much to my dismay!) I can hear you now,
"that's Gabe!" And, of course, he brought back a suitcase FULL of new
books! He also got to meet R.L Stine. That was a big thing for him.

No comments: